Wednesday, December 18, 2013

EP Approval!

Yesterday we received some awesome news! Colin Minho’s emigration permit was approved on November 21 and our paperwork was submitted to the Family Court on November 27!!! We have been waiting and waiting and waiting to finally hear some good news and it finally came! It was my early birthday present and I cannot think of a better one!

His EP was submitted on September 13 and the approvals have been taking 2.5-3 months. Well, 3 months was last Friday and I could not understand why we had not heard anything. It was so discouraging to hear that families who had been submitted a couple of months AFTER us were being approved but we weren’t. It was driving me nuts trying to figure out what was going on and so on Monday I finally broke down and called our agency to see what they had heard. Of course, they said they would let me know if they heard anything and not to worry things were taking longer now and he would come home, blah, blah, blah. Not exactly what I wanted to hear and it felt pretty pointless to have even called. But then, yesterday afternoon we received that wonderful email full of good news!

So what’s next? Well we are waiting on a court date. Actually we’ve already been waiting 3 weeks for a court date and didn’t even know it! I’m thinking we’ll get an early February court date. Once we receive our court date we can officially make our travel plans. Wow! It just seems so surreal that we are finally to this point and will soon be on that looooong plane ride to Korea. I guess it’s time to begin making the to-do lists!

1 comment:

Yvonne said...

woohoo!! happy birthday to you!